Aetna Health Professions Partnership Initiative
Health Disparities Clinical Summer Research Fellowship Program
for rising college sophomores, juniors, seniors or recent graduates.
Priority consideration will be given to pipeline participants.
Is a seven-week program.
Is designed to provide a clinical research and
enrichment experience and an introduction to health disparities,
cross cultural issues, principles of clinical medicine and skills
for public health research and interventions and an overview of
approaches to cultural definitions, public health issues and
discussion of specific techniques for working with diverse
populations in community settings.
Provides housing, meals and a stipend.
- March 1, 2014:
- Submission date for all applications. All applications must be
submitted by midnight March 1 to be considered for admission
- Postmark date for all supporting documents
- February 15, 2014: Admission decisions for
applications completed by February 1, 2014
- April 1, 2014: Admission decisions for
applications completed after February 1, 2014
- June 16, 2014: First day of program
- August 1, 2014: Last day of program
All Applicants Should:
1. Be from groups that have been traditionally
underrepresented in the health professions (African American,
Hispanic/Latino, Native American, Native Alaskan, Native Hawaiian) or
others from disadvantaged backgrounds who meet all eligibility criteria
and have a high probability of fulfilling the social and educational
goals of this program.
2. Be rising college sophomores, juniors, seniors or
recent graduates with a ‘B’ average or better who are interested in a
career in medicine, dental medicine, biomedical or clinical research.
3. Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
4. Submit a completed
(Word doc) available from your counselor, this website, or by email to
5. Submit score reports for SAT (or equivalent), ACT,
and/or GRE and MCAT/DAT if available.
6. Have an official transcript submitted from each
college or university attended.
7. Provide two letters of recommendation, at least one
from a science instructor.
8. Provide a copy of your Federal Income Tax Form 1040
or equivalent for 2013 (submit 1040 Form – only page reflecting number
of dependents and adjusted gross income – when completed and filed with
Submit Application to:
Submit All Other Documents to:
Department of Health Career Opportunity Programs
University of Connecticut Health Center
263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06030-3920